Project Costs & Incentives
- System costs
- 2024 Focus on Energy Cash Rewards
- Federal Tax Credit
System Costs - System costs vary and depend on a variety of factors: system size, components, and project specific attributes. System incentives also affect the final cost of the system. It is important to factor in the cost of capital used to finance a project. In simplest terms, prices are discussed in terms of dollars per watt of system size. Please contact us to get an estimate.
Federal Tax Credit -
The Inflation Reduction Act passed by the federal government has INCREASED the Federal Tax Credit to 30% through the end of 2032! This applies to all costs incurred after any utility incentives are subtracted. Solar projects and Battery backup projects qualify.
Focus on Energy Cash Rewards -
Residential & Business Renewable Cash Rewards
- Focus on Energy Cash Rewards are available on a first come first serve basis. Rewards are calculated based on system size.
- Most residential customers can receive a maximum $500 per project
- Customers residing in specific zip codes could receive additional funds (up to $500). PDF of zip codes available below.
- Business customers can receive a maximum of $50,000 per project (additional rewards available for agriculture customers)
- Applications & reward qualifications are posted on the Focus on Energy Renewable website.
We will assist in completing all reward paperwork.
Contact Appleton Solar with questions or to start the process!
Focus on Energy - Customers who purchase their electricity and/or natural gas from participating utilities are eligible for Focus on Energy services and incentives. You can find out which incentives you’re eligible for by using the Focus on Energy Trade Ally website or by calling Focus on Energy at 800-762-7077.
Focus on Energy is Wisconsin’s energy efficiency and renewable energy program. It is a statewide partnership that works with eligible Wisconsin residents and businesses to install cost-effective energy efficiency and renewable energy projects. Focus on Energy programs help residents and businesses save energy and money, promote instate economic development, protect our environment and help control the state’s growing demand for electricity and natural gas.